Monday, June 15, 2009

No more Muffins!


We all know what the muffin is, correct?

It is the flab that hangs over your pants, outlined beautifully by a snug t-shirt. I had come to terms with it, avoiding any tight shirts if I wore any waist that gave me a muffin. Unfortunately, that included MOST pants, shorts, and skirts, so instead I began wearing billowy shirts - empire waist, baby-doll types. The ones that make you look like your *could* be pregnant, but you aren't. I hate the muffin, but for the past 8 years, the muffin has been a part of my life.


Until this morning.

This morning, I dressed in yoga pants (hand-me-downs from my younger sister who teaches aerobics. Needless to say, all the yoga pants gave me a muffin, even the loose fitting ones) and a t-shirt to participate in a Hula Dancing class with my girls. I was excited about this class, not for the least reason of added caloric loss - an extra hour of fat burning a week can do wonders!


And the muffin was gone.

No muffin - none. While I am not tiny by any stretch of the imagination, and I still get a decent muffin with my tighter fitting jeans, this was the first time in a LONG time that a pair of pants did NOT produce the muffin. Instead of hanging over at the waist, I go in at the waist. Not quite high school levels, maybe close to college - but most closely resembling post -grad school, just before having my son.

Oh my. It is working. Thank the LORD, it is working. It is hard, and I HATE working out almost as much had I hate my muffin, but it is working.

Oops - hated my muffin. Hated.

No comments:

Post a Comment