Saturday, June 13, 2009

This new site

My hubby encouraged me to document this little weight loss adventure. This way I have notes to help me remember what I did in case I ever want to write a book about it. I have written quite a bit (some articles published, but no book thus far :( ) so the idea of writing a book about my weight loss is not too far fetched. I do have some minor issues though.

It's not like I need to lose a lot of weight - just 30-40lbs. Do people really want to read a book about weight loss from someone who didn't REALLY need to lose a lot of weight? Even my doctor could not give me a medical reason to lose weight - technically I was in good health.

I did it for vanity - totally. I wanted to look good in clothes, bathing suits, etc. Plus, some other "life" stuff was going on, and it occurred to me that maybe my hubby would want to see a bit of the wife he married again - not the heavier "Mom" version.

Plus, I have kids. Do they really need to see mom pigging out on cookies? What model does that set for them?

The culumination of all these thoughts lead to my "I get half" diet - the easiest thing I could think of to do to lose weight. Am I hungry - yes. I go to bed with small grumbles a lot. Drinking a big glass of water before bed helps, but then I have to pee really bad early in the morning! But I have come to like that grumble. I know I can have half a granola bar to help alleviate it, or I enjoy it, because that is the sound of weight loss, ladies and gentlemen. *grumble grumble* can be a GOOD sound if you let it!

Of course, it is more than just the diet - I try to get on the treadmill every day, use ankle weights, do sit ups, push ups, arm weights, take the dog for long walks . . . it is the combination of all elements that has led to the weight loss - not JUST the diet. But oh my, the diet helps . . .

And remember, no matter what, I get half!

No comments:

Post a Comment