Saturday, May 8, 2010

The big reveal


So you don't know who I am or what I look like. I am a 5'10" wife and mother of three kids. Here is me, with my hubby at Disneyland, one year ago:


Note the poochie-out belly and the double chin. This pic is what did it, this and one taken at a picnic just a few days before. You can hide a belly in the winter, but never the double chin; and bellies, back-fat, double chins all make a hideous appearance come summer. Something had to be done.

I started this blog at the behest of my hubby who noticed my "eating half" diet and also noticed it was starting to work. I didn't think it would work, so I kept my mouth shut (haha - no pun intended) until other people started asking me if I was losing weight. Then I fessed up. This blog details some of my ups, downs, and tips inbetween, but eventually you have to get to that place where you made it - either stop focusing on losing weight, or hit your mark. What is nice about the getting half diet, I do it even when I'm not thinking about it - it has become a total life style change; it's not a diet.

So you've seen the numbers; care to see pics of the "after"? Here is me holding up a pair of size 16 pants - the ones I thought I looked "good" in (let me cry a little here at that idea):



You can see me behind it - almost like half a person! And that is kind the truth; those big pants are size 16s, behind it I am wearing size 8s - my size in high school:



The shirt is a bit drapy, so I had to tuck it in funny, but you can see the belly, hips, legs, and my no-longer double chin!

Want to see more?



See? It can be done! No expensive meal plans, no expensive gyms, no gimmicks. Just cut your food in half and start walking! If it works for me, it can work for you! Good luck on your journey! :)

1 comment:

  1. Once you have it, you never lose it. You look just like in High School. Congrats Michelle.

    ReplyDelete