Saturday, June 11, 2011

Challenge Accepted!

It has been about a year since I've updated this blog; after all, I lost about 45lbs, fit into a size 8, so now all I have to do is try and maintain that, right?

I still walk, work out a bit, do my sit-ups and push-ups daily, plus I keep eating half, so maintenance has been pretty good. But really, what is to keep me going? Do I just keep at this pace now?

Well, no, I guess. At least that was the solution from my friend, Sheila. Her degree is in nutrition, and she was not happy when she stepped on the scale at the doctor's two weeks ago and weighed in 7lbs heavier than she had been. Not that is a lot, mind you, but she is rather slender, and, as she pointed out, that could easily become 14 lbs by next year, 21 the year after that . . . see where we are going here?

In her infinite wisdom, Sheila decided to set up a 30-day body challenge. There are two goals - workout time over the course of the 30 days, and inches/weight lost in that time frame. She knew I would go for it (and we did a $10 buy in, winners split the pot!) and as it turns out, so is one other friend! So we are all vying for at least $15. I'm game!

The funny thing is, for these two women, *I* an the competition - I'm the one they have to beat - because they saw me lose 45 already, keep it off, and really start toning pretty well! They know I already have a workout and eating plan that works, so they are very funny in their sabotage attempts!

Whether I win or lose is moot - I win for health reasons regardless. It is the challenge with friends that makes it fun! And it gives me another "goal" to work toward, something that had been lacking over the past year.

Sheila says that she already has a new idea for the next 30 day challenge in June - a sit-up challenge. Hmmm . . . I didn't know I was doing another one . . . I guess sit-ups, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment